First up, Lil' Smokies. My Mom, aka, Mama Jones, actually left Thanksgiving dinner prep to deliver these little guys to a family friend who is in love with them. For reals?!
You will need:
1 package Hillshire Farms Lil Smokies
1 package center cut bacon...much better for munching on...no gross, gummy fat.
(+-) 1 cup brown sugar. You want to put a fair amount of brown sugar on top of the smokies so they can soak it up while in the oven and caramelize into pure deliciousness.
1 box toothpicks.
1. Preheat the oven to 375, and get a pan (preferably one with sides for drippings) prepped with foil on it.
2. Cut your bacon into three sections.
3.Wrap a section of bacon around a lil smokie and secure with a toothpick. Repeat until bacon/smokies are gone.
4. Cover with brown sugar
5. Cook at 375 for 25-30min, and enjoy. These little guys taste bomb with hot mustard.
Next up, Sweet & Sour meatballs, you WILL get asked for this recipe, and every time they will ask, "that's it?!". It really is that simple, and SO delicious.
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
You will need:
A crock pot
3 lbs meatballs
32 oz grape jelly
32 oz pace picante sauce.
1. OK, folks, here's where you need to pay attention...this recipe varies for each person depending on how spicy/sweet you want your meatballs. Mix together your picante sauce and grape jelly in a separate bowl and come up with a blend that suits your taste buds. You may not use the whole container of the pace, I don't. Pour your mixin' into the crock pot and add the meatballs. I buy the hefty bag from Costco and used about half.
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
And, that REALLY is it! These are awesome, and totally worth all the sweat and tears you put into them.