My adorable little man turned *1* last Wednesday (the 8th of June)! I can hardly believe it! The year went by in a blink of an eye! I still remember the day he was born vividly... here's a pic to take you back in time really quick...
He was so tiny and perfect and really really quiet! I remember that! Now he is full of personality. But I must say, there is still something quiet and reserved about him. Its so fun to see how much he's changed in a year. The following are a few things about our little guy:
1. He's been walking since 11 months and almost runs. (Aubri loves to try to get him to play tag and he happily obliges)
2. He can say ball (bah), ba ba (bottle), tinti (stinky), and baby. Mostly he loves to jibber jabber.
3. He loves to play with balls, and anything else that has wheels attached to it. Yep... he's your typical boy.
4. He loves to play with his big sister. However, he's starting to get to the stage where he will get upset if he gets a toy taken away. Sharing is starting to get harder.
5. His favorite food is PANCAKES! The boy can put them away like its nobodies business. He also really likes grapes, strawberries, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, bananas, blueberry nutrigrain bars and cinnamon cheerios.
6. He loves to sing and dance.
7. He loves to read books. He'll sit and babble while looking at one of his books. It's so cute!
8. He hates his face touched. He'd much prefer a messy, sticky face with boogers. Typical boy.
9. He likes to sleep half way through the night in his bed and the other half with mom & dad. Yeah?!
10. He loves to be held/snuggled.
Timmy was spoiled two days in a row. Lucky boy! We have some friends (The Mickelson's) whose little boy Aaron, turned 1 the day after Timmy. Melissa (Aaron's mommy) and I decided to have a combined birthday party for them. It was lots of fun. We originally wanted the party outside but we've had lots and lots of yucky weather here in Montana, so we had the party at the church.
I stayed at the Mickelsons house the night before until midnight, decorating the fondant for the cupcakes and smash cakes. It was lots of work, but they turned out so cute. I also made the boys little party hats. We went with a jungle animal theme. It was lots of fun and the boys loved it!
Excited birthday boy before the cake smashin! (he's so nice and clean)
Making short work of his cake!
He ate half of his cake!!! Aaron only ate the little bit of frosting off the edge of his cake. Here's a side profile of the cake so you can see how much he devoured it! Yikes!
Looking a bit sugar high in this picture!
And... we're done!