Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful Post

Aubriana has been sick for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It started with just a tad fever before I left for Washington and turned out as a cold... runny nose, cough. Well, her cough was getting pretty bad and she was really fussy so I decided to take her to the doctor's to make sure she didn't have strep or anything that I would need antibiotics for. Anyway, the doctor checked her over and said her lungs sound fine and her throat was just a little red so to use the Tylenol when she needs it.

Well, her sore throat was sounding lots better and we got through Halloween just fine but then she woke up throwing up. She did this for about 2 days. I thought it was because of the Flem in her throat that was gagging her (sorry gross) and making her throw up but then she started running a fever again. I kept it down with Tylenol the first day but the next day it wasn't staying down. She had a fever of about 102.8 all morning and by the afternoon it was 103 +, so I ran her back to the doctor and by the time I got her there, her fever was 105.3. The doctor said he was going to hospitalize her if they couldn't get her fever down fast enough. Yikes! One thing I found out when I got her there is I can alternate between Infant Tylenol and Children's Motrin every 3 hours and I wasn't giving her enough Tylenol in the first place.

The doctor wasn't sure if the fever was caused by a virus or bacteria infection so we had to take her for a chest x-ray and have her blood drawn, which ended up showing that she had a little inflammation (pneumonia) on her right lung and a high white blood cell count. We started her on antibiotics and she ran a high fever one more night.

Now she is happy little Bumble Bee again. Playing and walking around with color back in her face. It was a little scary going through that for the first time, but I'm glad its over and I now have the experience.

1. I'm thankful that Aubriana has been a healthy child and until recently hasn't been sick.
2. I'm thankful for Doctors to pinpoint the problem and the medicine to help.
3. I'm so thankful for family that calls and checks to see how she is doing and offering me any advice.
4. I'm thankful for a helpful husband that is as concerned as I am.
5. I'm especially thankful that Aubriana was still a sweet baby when she felt her worst. All the snuggling and kisses we got were so sweet!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's feeling better. Little ones are such a worry when they don't feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when little kids are sick and you don't quite know what is wrong! I'm glad that she is feeling better and that you handled it well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so happy. Little B is feeling better. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Share the knowledge!