Sunday, August 11, 2013

Marionberry Pie





One of my favorite things about living in the PNW during the summer is berries. Sure, we don't have weeks of 100 degree weather, and our shoes don't melt on the sidewalk.... BUT, I do get to eat sweet, delicious, fresh, handpicked berries. Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and in this case Marionberries. 




I am not an avid baker, and I do love the crunchy kind of pie topping like Nicole's Apple Crisp. So I set out to find a recipe that would satisfy all my needs. Easy and Delicious. Luckily, I came across this beaut. I have made it twice in the past few weeks, and I can't wait until the blackberries are ripe to have it again! 

The most interesting thing about this recipe was the use of Tapioca pudding. I was skeptical at first, it still makes my skin crawl thinking back to when my mom would serve it as dessert, WARM. It ranks up there with canned green beans. The recipe calls for quick cooking tapioca*, I used it the first time but the filling was too runny so I opted for the premade kind the second go around and it was perfect. It makes the filling very dense and deliciously glued together. Perfectly YUM. The almonds also add an awesomely unexpected twist of flavor. 

You are going to love it!




Ingredients:
Topping:

6 TBSP packed brown sugar
6 TBSP Almonds
6 TBSP (3/4 Stick) Butter. (The recipe calls for unsalted, I always use salted sweet cream butter)
4 1/2 TBSP old fashioned oats
4 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour

One pie crust. You can be Martha Stewart and make your own, our take my route and let Pillsbury give you a hand. 

Filling:

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca  (*I used premade tapioca)
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
5 cups Marionberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

For Topping:

Mix all ingredients in a food processor until moist clumps form.

For Filling:

Mix sugar, tapioca, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add berries and toss gently to combine. Let stand until the tapioca softens slightly, stirring occasionally. I let mine sit for roughly 2.5 hours. You may need to add a little cornstarch to your filling to make it thicken up. I made this on a hot day, so the heat affected mine for sure. Spoon filling into the crust. Crumble topping over berries.

Place a cookie sheet under your pie to catch drippings. 

Bake until crust and topping are golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Roughly 45 minutes. 

Let cool for as long as your patience allows and enjoy.

Personally, I think it's even better the next day. 




I have had an insatiable sweet tooth lately, so come back tomorrow for my spin on cinnamon rolls. 


1 comment:

  1. Haloo pak^^

    Kami dari SENTANAPOKER ingin menawarkan pak^^

    Untuk saat ini kami menerima Deposit Melalui Pulsa ya pak.

    *untuk minimal deposit 10ribu
    *untuk minimal Withdraw 25ribu

    *untuk deposit pulsa kami menerima provider
    -XL
    -Telkomsel


    untuk bonus yang kami miliki kami memiliki
    *bonus cashback 0,5%
    *bunus refferal 20%
    *bonus gebiar bulanan (N-max,samsung Note 10+,Iphone xr 64G,camera go pro 7hero,Apple airpods 2 ,dan freechips)

    Daftar Langsung Di:

    SENTANAPOKER

    Kontak Kami;

    WA : +855 9647 76509
    Line : SentanaPoker
    Wechat : SentanaPokerLivechat Sentanapoker

    Proses deposit dan withdraw tercepat bisa anda rasakan jika bermain di Sentanapoker. So… ? tunggu apa lagi ? Mari bergabung dengan kami. Pelayanan CS yang ramah dan Proffesional dan pastinya sangat aman juga bisa anda dapatkan di Sentanapoker.

    ReplyDelete

Share the knowledge!