So I totally have to give myself a huge pat on the back. I hit a milestone in sewing. Seriously proud of myself. I've sewn a few things that are difficult (according to me) in the past. But nothing that came without a pattern or instructions.
When we had Aubriana, we were so excited about a girl, we just went all out. We bought a pink car seat with a matching stroller. Ok ok... it was really just on sale and pink, so it worked.
Well, now we are having a boy and Tim cannot bring home his boy in a "pink" car seat! It's illegal. So I was making plans on buying a new one. I was cringing at the prices. I didn't want to have to buy a new one, when I had a perfectly fine one at home already. So my sis-in-law, Lurlyn, told me about some moms who made their own car seat cover. So we got on etsy and I found and bought a tutorial. It totally looked like my seat in the tutorial... it was a graco, how many different graco seats can they have? Well, it didn't work with mine! Yikes! So I decided to just take the plunge and figure it out on my own. I tore the old one apart and used it as a sort of pattern and just went from there. It took me two days (tending to a 2 yr old in between) but I did it! Its nice when my hubby sees it and says how awesome it is. Makes me feel good. :)
So here is the before... pink and dirty, Lol! (i had already started taking it apart before I thought to take a before photo, whoops!)
The after! We refer to Timmy Jr. as "little Tiger" so I found the cute fabric on fabricworm with a coordinating brown. We're big on nick names around here. Aubriana tells everyone she sees, while pointing at my belly, "this is my baby brother tiger." I still need to figure out, tear apart and sew the canopy. Yikes! :)
Now I'm off to treat myself to a seriously needed hair cut! I wish I was brave enough to cut it all off. :)