Hi, Guys! My name is Lurlyn, when my brother, Tim, married Nicole, he got an awesome wife, and I got one heck of a friend. We share mothering horror stories and complaints…(ironically about our children’s incessant whining, haha!), recipes, lots of laughs, and many sentences that begin with, “I saw ______ on pinterest”.
I am going to be sharing a meal that my hubby asks for frequently. I got the recipe from his Grandmother, but made a few modifications, because sour cream makes EVERYTHING better. We eat it throughout the year using chicken, but it’s a great way to use up the turkey leftovers you will have after the Thanksgiving feast.
Chicken and Stuffing Supreme
1lb chicken or turkey
1 (6oz) box stuffing. I prefer the cornbread kind.
1 (10 ¾oz) can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
4 oz. sour cream
1 cup cheese
Skip ahead if you are using left over turkey, or are a smart cookie and have shredded chicken ready in your freezer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil
- Place chicken in boiling water, reduce heat, and let boil for 25 minutes. Drain. (If you want to be said smart cookie, cook extra chicken that you can put away in the freezer for a rainy day)
- Make stuffing mix according to directions on box, set aside.
- Mix soup and sour cream, set aside.
- Shred the chicken, I use my kitchen aid for shredding chicken, no having to wait for it to cool, and it’s super fast.
- Grease up an 8x8 pan, (recipe can easily be doubled and use a 9x13 for larger families.) Cover bottom of pan with 1/3 of stuffing mix and press lightly to cover nicely.
- Cover stuffing with chicken
- Pour soup/sour cream mixture over chicken.
- Put cheese over mixture.
- Cover with remaining stuffing mix
- Cook for 30 minutes or until bubbling.