Monday, June 14, 2010

Timothy "Tiger" is here!

We had our baby boy! Timothy Edward Jones Jr. arrived Tuesday, June 8th at 12:45 am. He weighed 7 lbs 15.9 oz and 20 inches long. His birthday is easy to remember at least... 6.8.10.

06 08 10_0155 copy

06 08 10_0096 copy

I now know what people are talking about when they say every birth/pregnancy is different. I was induced at 7 am on Monday morning, expecting things to go quickly, but no. I was showing strong contractions on the paper, but I wasn't feeling them. Just a tightening of my stomach. The nurse kept upping my pitocin but they still couldn't get the contractions to come closer. By 5 pm, the nurse convinced me to get an epidural. The epidural was a bit overwhelming. I started feeling pretty numb in the shoulders so I had to ask them to turn it down. Every time my doctor came in to check me, I was not progressing any further. So, my doctor decided to stick a wand (can't remember what they called it, lol!) up in my uterus that determines how strong the contractions really are. My doctor said it has been known to cause some women to go into strong labor and they have their babies within the hour. Well, it worked on me. About 5 minutes to midnight, I felt lots of pressure and the nurse checked me... sure enough I had dilated from a 4 to a 9 in the hour. Within the next 5 minutes, my doctor came in and they had me start pushing. It took 45 minutes of pushing to get him out. The doctor had to suction his head out in the end to help me because his heart rate was dropping fast. He had the cord around his neck. When he was half way out, the doctor told me to reach down and grab him and pull him up on my stomach. That was a new experience for me. It was amazing. He laid there on my stomach, not breathing yet. He was pretty blue, so they took him under the heat lamp and rubbed on him for a few minutes to get him going. He still never cried. It made me very nervous but the nurses and my mom kept trying to assure me he was fine. He was so sweet and quiet. So so precious. I instantly fell in love.

My hubby was a little jealous because he never opened his eyes until they put him back on my chest the second time and I started talking to him. Tim's convinced he'll be a mamas boy. I guess its my turn since Aubriana is quite the daddies girl.

06 08 10_0110 copy

06 08 10_0111 copy

We adore him! Aubriana is such a sweet big sister. She keeps asking to hold him and kiss him on the head. She has to check on him too if he starts crying. He is a bit jaundice right now, so we are working on getting that to go away. He nurses very well, so hopefully it will pass soon.

06 09 10_0078 copy

My mom was able to be there this time and help me during the labor. My mother-in-law came and tended to Aubri. We were so blessed with the help we received and continue to receive. Having 2 kiddos is a big adjustment right now, but we will get use to it. Couldn't be more blessed and happy. :)

The following are pictures I took of him before, during, and after his first bath...

06 08 10_0125 copy

06 08 10_0141 copy

06 08 10_0132 copy

He loved having his head washed. This picture shows his real personality I think. Just so sweet.
06 08 10_0133 copy

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nicole and Tim! He is beautiful! I can't believe you had almost 18 hours of labor! It's scary when their heartbeats go down and they have to do something drastic to get them out. I'm glad everything went well and he's healthy and strong! Love the pictures---they are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful1 What a neat experience to grab him like that in the middle of delivery. Glad everything went well for mom and baby !
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, he is beautiful. I could stare at his perfect face all day. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! For some reason my computer won't let me see the pictures, but I'm sure he's precious. He almost hit the 8 poun mark, way to go!!!!!
    You pulled him out of your stomach??? That would be a new experience, how did it feel?
    I'm so glad things turned out OK. I'm with you, if my baby was on my tummy blue and not breathing, I'd be a might nervous as well, forget what the pros say :)
    Congrats again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Nicole! Addi's birth was the same way...I went from a 7 to a 10 in like half an hour so she moved down really fast and came shooting out! :) The cord was around her neck and she was a little blue so they had to take her to the warmer and get her breathing better...she didn't cry at all at first and even throughout the rest of the day. It made me really worried at first but they said she was just fine. She can definitely cry now! :) Have so much fun with your little one, he is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Nicole and Tim!!! I am so excited for you to have your little boy safely here. Sounds like it was a bit scary getting him here. So thankful you had good medical help and loved ones praying for you. I just love your photos, especially the black and white. It did my heart good to see Tim holding his little boy, too. Love you all. Rebecca Langford

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations you guys! He looks adorable and like he will fit right in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, of course he's cute...that's a no brainer ;) We had fun getting to come and meet him on his first day in the world. Leify talks about him all the time. Congrats you guys and I wish you a good sleeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Nicole! He is so adorable! I hope big sister is adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is just so perfect. Nicole, I'm so happy for you guys. A perfect, perfect family. I'm so glad to hear everything was fine once he was born. I hope you're doing well! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share the knowledge!